Groups of hosting solutions
A hosting solution refers to hoarding and/or sharing given content on a web hosting server managed by a hosting provider. There are different types of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's take a gaze at these. In that way, you can pick what you want, based on whether you wish to set up a web site, e-mails, or to share files with chums and colleagues.
- File hosting: a solution supplied by given hosts, which lets you share bulky files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single goal is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a record of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to load .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting packages are frequently supported by showing advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular interval of time to see them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file hosting account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no restriction as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting companies, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a totally awry interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the tasks at hand between different hosts of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending various web space hosting services (mail, web space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a kind of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given companies offer a hosting service for images only. This hosting type is appropriate if you want to share an immense amount of images with friends or associates since the service is commonly free. You will receive a random link for each and every picture or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to handling your email addresses. Some companies provide hosting solutions for web sites, but do not provide an e-mail solution. If you desire to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a site, then the email hosting service is what you require. You can set up email address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting service includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to some video file, or you can embed the video file in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video creates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred web page viewers, you may have a hard time with your hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to have as many video files as you wish without hassling about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to have a website. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and e-mail accounts, upload videos, etc. At 100WebSpace, for example, you can examine web hosting and dedicated hosting accounts that permit you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limitations depending on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your webspace hosting package may be better or worse compared with the usual e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are meant for particular web content solely.